Welcome to XTrackCAD
NewsNovember, 17 2015: XTrackCAD 4.2.2 has been released. For a list of bug fixes and enhancements see Release Info. The new version can be downloaded in several formats from this page.
GeneralXTrackCAD is a CAD program for designing model railroad layouts.
Using it, you can
- Design layouts in any scale and gauge,
- Use the predefined libraries for many popular brands of turnouts to help you get started easily,
- Add your own favorite components,
- Manipulate track much like you would with actual flex-track to modify, extend and join tracks and turnouts,
- Test your design by running trains, including picking them up and moving them with the mouse.
- At any point you can print the design in a scale of your choice. When printed in 1:1 scale the printout can be used as a template for laying the track to build your dream layout.
- Learning XTrackCAD is made easy with the extensive on-line help and demonstrations.
XTrackCAD is available for free on Windows, LINUX and OSX.
Using XTrackCAD- Introduction at Getting Started
- More about using the program on the User Documentation
- Other places to find information Related Links
Development Work- If anything goes wrong Report Bug
- If you want to contribute Developer Pages
- Central point for development work Sourceforge Project Page