Welcome to XTrackCAD
NewsNovember 20, 2016: Bugfix release XTrackCAD 4.2.4a is available from the download page.
December 10, 2016: A Mac OSX installer package has been added.
New features are:
- Parameter file for Minitrains HOe-009-HOn30 Track System
- Improved and new parameter files Kato N and Super O
- Corrected parameter file for Peco HOn30/OO9 track
- New parameter file for Peco HOn3 turnouts
- New and updated parameter files for Z-scale
- Added a few more length formats
- Added additional zoom and macro zoom steps
- Increase meximum number of layer buttons to 99
- The parameter file dialog now allows loading and unloading several files in one step
- The Mac installer has a simpler dependency structure resulting in an easier install
GeneralXTrackCAD is a CAD program for designing model railroad layouts.
Using it, you can
- Design layouts in any scale and gauge,
- Use the predefined libraries for many popular brands of turnouts to help you get started easily,
- Add your own favorite components,
- Manipulate track much like you would with actual flex-track to modify, extend and join tracks and turnouts,
- Test your design by running trains, including picking them up and moving them with the mouse.
- At any point you can print the design in a scale of your choice. When printed in 1:1 scale the printout can be used as a template for laying the track to build your dream layout.
- Learning XTrackCAD is made easy with the extensive on-line help and demonstrations.
XTrackCAD is available for free on Windows and Linux.
Using XTrackCAD- Introduction at Getting Started
- More about using the program on the User Documentation
- Other places to find information Related Links
Development Work- If anything goes wrong Report Bug
- If you want to contribute Developer Pages
- Central point for development work Sourceforge Project Page