Using the Wiki
Sourceforge Project Page
New User Registration Disabled
In the past few weeks we got thousands of faked user registrations. Recently these users began to add spam to the site. I can't find a good solution to prevent that now so as an emergency measure I disabled registration completely. I'm very sorry about that and apologize for any inconvenience.
If somebody comes up with a good idea, let me know.
Project under new management!
Martin Fischer, the original owner of XTrackCAD has (as previously announced) had to step down for personal reasons. We say thanks, Martin for your hard work on the program.
Never fear, we're not letting the project die. XTrackCAD is under new management. For now, we'll just be keeping the grass mowed, but we will be seeing about continuing development as well. If you have some coding skills and are interested in helping, please volunteer!
(If you're already volunteering, I'm new here. Please drop me a line and introduce yourself!)
- TwinDad (new interim site manager)
Welcome to XTrackCAD!
XTrackCAD is a CAD program for designing model railroad layouts.
Using it, you can
- Design layouts in any scale and gauge,
- Use the predefined libraries for many popular brands of turnouts to help you get started easily,
- Add your own favorite components,
- Manipulate track much like you would with actual flex-track to modify, extend and join tracks and turnouts,
- Test your design by running trains, including picking them up and moving them with the mouse.
- At any point you can print the design in a scale of your choice. When printed in 1:1 scale the printout can be used as a template for laying the track to build your dream layout.
- Learning XTrackCAD is made easy with the extensive on-line help and demonstrations.
XTrackCAD is available for free on Windows, LINUX and MacOSX.