Welcome to XTrackCAD
NewsApril 17, 2017: Feature release XTrackCAD 4.3.0 is available from the download page.
New features are:
- Linux: Install xtrkcad.desktop and xtrkcad.png for desktop integration
- Add signal, control and sensor types
- Add extra AppleHelp files
- Add documentation for layout control elements
- Write proper Describe, Move, and Rotate functions for Signals.
- Add AppleHelp bundle generation including index
- Rework DXF export, add support for metric measurements
- Add Layout Control Element management dialog
GeneralXTrackCAD is a CAD program for designing model railroad layouts.
Using it, you can
- Design layouts in any scale and gauge,
- Use the predefined libraries for many popular brands of turnouts to help you get started easily,
- Add your own favorite components,
- Manipulate track much like you would with actual flex-track to modify, extend and join tracks and turnouts,
- Test your design by running trains, including picking them up and moving them with the mouse.
- At any point you can print the design in a scale of your choice. When printed in 1:1 scale the printout can be used as a template for laying the track to build your dream layout.
- Learning XTrackCAD is made easy with the extensive on-line help and demonstrations.
XTrackCAD is available for free on Windows and Linux.
Using XTrackCAD- Introduction at Getting Started
- More about using the program on the User Documentation
- Other places to find information Related Links
Development Work- If anything goes wrong Report Bug
- If you want to contribute Developer Pages
- Central point for development work Sourceforge Project Page